I am really happy about what I did.
Just replaced my old HunterDouglas faux wood blinds with IKEA KVARTAL track and panel system. I decided to mount the three track rails from the ceiling instead of using traditional angle brackets. It just takes two screws to install it. I studied the twenty page manual first.

All IKEA products have multi language information. The most interesting aspect of the manual is – there are no words there, just detailed and accurate drawings. This solves the problem of translating technical information to different languages and transmits the idea of assembling the components together without second guessing. As the old saying goes: picture is worth a thousand words.

It worked for me and what is worth more – my wife approved it.

My office.

Zbyszko’s room looks better because of the broken skateboards.

Tagged with:

10 Responses to KVARTAL is great

1. malgor says:

Looks pretty, and it has a touch of “oriental” feel to it.

2. TC says:

I have the same system. I understand i must SEW the bottom Panel but the top looks as if you stick it on and then attach to the top part of the hanging …the pictur for the instructions makes it look like you swa the top part then stick the sticky part on …don’t understand …can you help give me instructions….Thanks..
    …Tired in Columbus…TC

3. WS says:

TC,

You need to use top/bottom rail.
    This is a set of two rails.
    Check the following link

Wieslaw

4. Sarah says:

I was thinking about using this system in my house for the windows, I have floor to ceiling windows. Is there a gap at the top when ceiling mounted or is it total coverage? I love your choice in panels, how many are on each window?

5. Rhianna says:

I would like to install these on my apartment ceiling. Do I need a drill? Are they damaging?

6. Marian says:

Where in the world did you find the instruction manual?

7. jana says:

Finally got the rail o
    now trying to figure out how to attach the panels to the hardware for the track sys…..
    any tips?
    Thanks

8. Phumile says:

Can you tell me how you mounted the “ceiling mount” to your ceiling? Unfortunately for me, the drawing are not worth a thousand words. Thanks.

9. Wieslaw says:

Sarah,

When the rails are mounted from the ceiling (as mine are) you use one inch Ceiling Fixture (article number 300.793.65). This is way you get as close to the ceiling as possible. It is about three inches from the ceiling to the beginning of the curtain material.

This system was designed to provide ceiling to floor window coverage.
    It is used also as a room divider.

All curtain panels are 118 inches or 300 cm long. I cut them in half.

The rail has three channels, so you can put one, two or three panels (one on each channel). My setup has three panels on each window.

Ads